SGI NAS - Key Features:
- Highly scalable and easy-to-manage NAS solution for Media, Surveillance and Enterprise environments.
- Industry-leading density with 72 or 81 drives per 4U enclosure.
- Single and Dual Active-Active High Availability configurations.
- Protocol support includes NFS v3/v4, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTP, FTP, NDMP and WebDAV.
- Hybrid Storage Pools incorporating SATA, SAS and SSD.
- Integrated inline De-Duplication.
- Native Compression included.
- ZFS (128-bit) file system with Mirroring and RAID Z1, 2 and 3.
- NAS features include Thin Provisioning, Snapshot, Snapshot Restore, Async, Clones, Data Vaulting and Integrated Search.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive browser-based GUI.
- Comprehensive Warranty as standard.
SGI NAS Differentiators:
Storage Efficiency. De-duplication, thin provisioning, compression, reservations, and quotas reduce capacity requirements while lowering costs by up to 70%.
Scale Up, Scale Out. Supports volume growth, global namespace, and unlimited capacity.
Comprehensive Data Protection. Auto-Sync, Auto-Tier, Auto-CDP for near-line (content off-load), backup, disaster recovery, disk archiving and compliance storage.
Operational Simplicity. Single console management, monitoring, real-time analytics, DTrace, availability alerts, REST APIs, unlimited snapshots, and cloning.
Virtualised Storage. Supports multiple workloads on a single, scalable architecture. Unifies storage manage for VMware, Citrix Xen and Hyper-V.
SGI's NAS Modular Open Storage creating a no compromise Enterprise-Class Storage Solution.
Introducing SGI NAS, an enterprise class, highly scalable unified storage solution built on SGI Modular InfiniteStorage hardware. This configuration provides a no-compromise, open storage with;
- Hybrid Storage Pools to ensure peak performance with lower cost drives.
- Compression and De-duplication inline.
- Unlimited file size and snapshots.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous replication.
- End-to-end 256-bit check-summed to ensure constant data integrity.
- Scalable from TBs to PBs with the same high density system, and a single namespace.
Synergistic Solutions. SGI NAS provides the best storage solution for flexibility and scalability within the industry's leading density.
Disk-based Archiving, Backup, Recovery or Near-line Storage;
- Single console management oversees entire life cycle of storage.
- Built-in software RAID protection enables robust data protection.
- Integrated inline (not post-process) de-duplication lowers total amount of required storage.
- Snapshot-based replication between databases, where data is updated at specified times by copying data changes.
- The only solution to keep data safe through check-summing.
- NDMP Integration: Open protocol used to control data backup and recovery communications between primary and secondary storage.
- Global namespace for unlimited scalability and ease of interaction.
How It Works.
Auto-Sync Plug-in: A schedulable, fault-managed, fully configurable SGI NAS Data Replication.
Auto-Tier Plug-in: Snapshot its (tiering) destination upon each successful execution as opposed to auto-sync, which actually transfers existing snapshots from the source to its (syncing) destination.
Namespace Cluster Plug-in: Creates a federation of SGI NAS NFS servers, manually load balances servers via live migration of files and allows for multiple file systems to be configured for unique requirements within a deployed environment.