Today’s digital content creation market has experienced an unprecedented proliferation of technology. While professionals in the creative field have access to all-in-one and laptop computers with incredible processing power, the demands of the file-based workflow Data Tsunami require that these systems be capable of connecting to high-speed storage and high-performance networks.
As super high definition, ultra high definition and 3D video formats continue to be adopted by the industry, and as increased frame rates (FPS) are relied upon to create a more immersive video experiences, the demand for systems that can capture, transcode, process, and store the underlying data become an even more critical component to the post-production process.
Why is This Solution Significant?
Until recently, the ability to take advantage of the technologies that provide the level of performance and scalability required in the digital content creation space has been the exclusive domain of full-sized desktop and server based systems with multiple PCI Express expansion slots.
With the introduction of Thunderbolt technology and its adoption across the entire Mac notebook and desktop lineup, not only are creative professionals capable of leveraging high performance PCIe expansion cards, but they are able to do so on systems designed to be increasingly portable, enabling a new era of mobile productivity.
What is the Emulex/mLogic Digital Content Creation Solution?
Emulex OneConnect® 10GbE Network Xceleration™ (NX) OCe12101-DX adapter combined with the mLink Thunderbolt to PCIe expansion chassis from mLogic.
What are the Key Solution Benefits?
* Performance—Emulex OneConnect 10GbE Network Xceleration OCe12101-DX adapters provide the throughput required by bandwidth-intensive applications
* Value—unrivaled performance and portability at extremely competitive pricing
* Portability—the industry’s smallest and lightest chassis makes mLink the most portable solution on the market
* Scalability/flexibility—two 10Gbps Thunderbolt ports enable the mLink to support a daisy-chain of up to six Thunderbolt devices; single- and dual-port 10GbE adapter options available
* Reliability—consistent and reliable 10GbE performance backed by field-proven reliability and support from Emulex